Refinery Gasification Plant
Immediately Available For Sale!
Please fill out the form to the right so that a member of our sales team can answer any questions for you regarding this plant or any of its systems, set up an inspection or address any equipment or plant needs you may have.
Refinery Gasification Plant For Sale
- Stock #600759
- 3,000 Metric Ton/Day
- Start-up: 2003
- Shut down: 2012
- Consumes 59 Metric Ton/hr (1,400 MTPD) of heavy residues to produce 130 Metric Ton/hr (3,000 MTPD) of clean syngas, consisting primarily of CO and H2.
- Technology: Texaco (now GE Gasification), ABB, UOP, Parsons (Claus units) and Praxair
- The facility is over-designed to accomodate crude oils other than the standard Arab Heavy, such as Basrah Medium high-sulphur and Iranian Heavy feedstocks
- Upgraded to high alloy piping
- € 20 Million Euro in spare parts: gasifier internals, complete exchangers, compressor internals and motors, Claus unit and distillation tower internals
- Raw materials: natural gas, steam and refinery tar
- See complete system details below
Complete Refinery Process Units For Sale
- Gasification Unit
- Stock #601104
- Technology: Texaco/GE
- (2) Down-flow, quench type gasifiers
- 2.8 M (9.2') dia. x 10.2 M (33.5') Inconel 825/CS
- 1,000 PSI @ 800F (69 bar @ 430C)
- 59 Metric Ton/Hr (1,400 MTPD) of heavy refinery residue feedstock
- 130 Metric Ton/Hr (3,000 MTPD) of clean syngas
- (2) 3.2 M (10.5') dia. x 7.9 M (25.9') 316LSS/CS scrubbers
- (2) 36 CBM/Hr @ 99 bar Uraca feed pumps
- (10) Monel Oxygen double-block-and-bleed valves
- Monel Oxygen piping
- Air Separation Unit
- Stock #601105
- Technology: Praxair
- 1,400 Metric Ton/Day
- Produces 70 Metric Ton/Hr of Oxygen (98%+ pure)
- Oxygen: 76 bar @ 132°C
- Nitrogen: 36 bar @ 50°C
- Main Equipment: (Contact IPP for a complete equipment list)
- Main Air Compressor: 4-stage Sulzer centrifugal with 23 MW ABB motor
- Booster Air Compressor: 70,000 NM³/Hr Borsig with 3.1 MW ABB motor and Renk gearbox
- Oxygen Compressor: 50,000 NM³/Hr, 3-stage Sulzer with (6) impellers, 5.5 MW ABB motor and Renk gearbox
- Nitrogen Compressor: 41,000 NM³/Hr, 5-stage Borsig with 10.8 MW ABB motor, (2) suction lines and Renk gearbox
- Generator Loaded Nitrogen Turbo-Expander: 950,000 cu. ft./Hr turning at 6,250 RPM
- (2) Absorption Refrigeration Units using Lithium Bromide solution
- Cryogenic Distillation Section comprised of (3) columns
- Seawater Pumping and Distribution System
- Sulphur Recovery Unit
- Stock #601109
- Facility can recover 99.9% of the Sulphur in the feed product
- Much more efficient than normal SRU designs which recover only about 94% of the Suphur
- The recovery of the Sulphur contained in the H2S absorbed in the Selexol is carried out in (2) independent Calus units with catalytic converters using Parsons technology.
- The 4 Metric Ton/Hr of elemental Sulphur produced from this facility has a typical purity of 99.8% with less than 650 PPM Carbon, 250 PPM ash and 10 PPM H2S.
- Energy is recovered in this unit by the generation of 20 bar, 6 bar and 1 bar steam
- Main Equipment: (2) Claus units, Selexol stripper column, sour gas stripper column, waste heat boiler and condensers (Contact IPP for a complete equipment list)
- Tail gas treatment unit is included using Ucarsol MDEA absorption technology (Includes: thermal oxidizer, hydrogenation reactior, regenerator, reboiler, contactor and condenser)
- Carbon Extraction Unit
- Stock #601106
- Soot from gasification is transferred to a recycled naphtha stream and then recycled to the heavy refinery tar feed stream using GE technology.
- The soot formed in this processs typically ranges from 20 -70 millimicrons
- They agglomerate readily to the 5 - 10 micron range and have surface areas of 200 - 800 M²/GM
- (3) sections: Decanter and water flash separator, Naphtha and oil heating, Naphtha stripping
- Gas Cooling Unit
- Stock #601107
- Energy is recovered in this unit by generation of 20 bar, 15 bar and 6 bar steam.
- Carbonyl sulfide hydrolysis reactors included. Technology by ABB Lumus Global.
- Acid Gas Removal Unit
- Stock #601108
- Hydrogen sulfide is removed using UOP Selexol technology. Energy is recovered in this unit with a 150 kW liquid turbine-generator and a 1.6 MW gas expansion turbine-generator.
- Grey Water (Wastewater) Treatment Unit
- Stock #601110
- Prepares 33 M³/Hour of grey water (soot in water) for biological treatment.
- Sour Water Stripper Unit
- Stock #601111
- This unit cleans up the sour water to < 20 mg/l ammonia equivalent, then recycles water back to the Carbon Extraction Unit.
IPP is a global cash buyer and seller of surplus manufacturing facilities, process plants, real estate and individual equipment. Have surplus plants or equipment to sell? Call 1-609-586-8004 and ask for Ross or Jan.